So to summarise:
• The application for a solar farm off Weston Road, Egmanton was rejected by the planning committee of Newark & Sherwood District Council (NSDC) at their meeting in May 2014.
• An identical application was re-submitted to the July meeting.
• The re-submission was pushed ahead of a turbine site application within the same Greenfield area and the deadline for which was prior to the solar farm.
• The business manager of NSDC spent 45 minutes making his case for approval of the identical scheme (now to last for 30 rather than 25 years). Residents are allowed 3 minutes to make their case.
• The re-submission was approved by the same committee at their July meeting
• There is no right of appeal.
That the planning committee can reverse an earlier identical application for a 60,000 panel, 60 acre Greenfield site in the Parish of Egmanton is:
• To fly in the face of the wishes of the local community.
J G Smith – honorary treasurer – Egmanton Parish Meeting.
14 July 2014